Monday, June 15, 2009

Book Recomendation

Besides my new activity of writing I love reading. That is what really gave me the idea of writing. I love good stories, but the way they are told even more. It took me 15 days to finish the book, since I just have time when I am in the gym or in bed before sleep. It is an amazing story so well written and told, that in the end, I couldn't stop myself from crying my eyes out. I know I am a woman with crazy hormones and in these last few days the situation inside was critical, but I very much recommend "THE BOOK THIEF", by MARKUS ZUSAK.

"it's just a small story really, about, among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish Fist Fighter, and quite a lot of thievery...."



Narrated by the Death, Markus Zusak's groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a young foster girl living outside Munich in Nazi Germany. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she discovers something she can't resist - books. Soon she is stealing books from Nazy bookburnings, the mayor's wife's library; wherever they are to be found.


With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, Liesel learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bomb raids, as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.


It is a novel about the ability of books to feed the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment