Sunday, June 14, 2009

Points of View

What a difficult lesson that definitely needs to be reviewed. What point of view am I going to use to tell my story? I had no idea there were so many and so confusing. Besides, would I write in first or third person? Now I know that I need to wear somebody else's shoes to write better. I have to write as I was a reader and make decisions based on how close I want he/she to be to the characters.

The characters were John and Martha. The scene was presented and we had to take our minds to the world of imagination and create our story. Mine was so simple, so full of mistakes that I even made up a name for John for not being more attent to the exercise. I don't even want to talk about the other mistakes. You will see for yourself.


Martha could not believe in her eyes. She looked like a hungry duck after diving in the lake, unsuccessfully trying to catch its precious lunch. Her hair melted on her shoulders. Her make up thawed on her face. – "Would be this the perfect moment I was waiting for?" – She thought.
Julio, her ex-husband, had just gotten off the 174 bus and hadn't even noticed her. She didn't want to be seen that way anyway. Not by him, who she had seek desperately to impress and to get back to by any mean.

By the way, John and Martha situation is still unknown, but many of my classmates had written really good things about them. At the end of the course, I will post my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment