Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Reasons I Write

I could have chosen other kinds of media to express myself, such as painting, drawing, dancing, singing, etc. Instead, I ended up choosing WRITING. But, what is my goal? What are my plans to the future? How much do I know myself to keep writing? I know already what a harsh critic I am, that's for sure, but can't I stop being a critic and let my writing flow? Making choices is very risky, even though they need to be made. As I have learned through this course, keeping a journal and writing down all my frustrations, moments, thoughts, everything, is the best way to answer these questions. And for this lesson, I wrote this:

It is my life, my future…..
And it will be changed, every day it has been.
I am not the woman I desired to be,
nor in the place did I wish to live.
As says Obama, yes we can.
We can grow much more,
Much more than we plan.
Meanwhile, my plan has been drawn,
My destiny traced by the divine.
But, my fate won't stop me to give it a try.

It is my life, my future…..
I begin by contemplating my surrounds alone,
And appreciating every drop of rain.
I will be grateful for what I have
And stop complaining about what I don't.

It is my life, my future…..
So, I will do like any other mortal
I will have a big house by the beach
With a ceiling that no one will be able to reach
Have a book published some day,
And hair that will never go gray.
A husband that will love me forever
And parents who will never say never,
Be happy like a mannequin in display
And write a story without any cliche.
Hope is what I will never lose.
My life will be like a cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment